This recipe is always a crowd pleaser. It’s surprising on how easy it is and its soooo good, I get upset when I only make one batch. I always have to remind myself to make to double the recipe to make two batches so I have more for me 😉
Mini Carrot Cupcakes
(makes 1 1/2 dozen mini cupcakes)
1 1/2 cup shredded carrots
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar packed
1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
Pre-heat oven to 350degrees + Prepare muffin tray with Pam or butter
1. Mix dry ingredients in a big bowl with a whisk
2. In a seperate bowl with a mixer or blender combine eggs, sugar and brown sugar. Once mixed, stream in oil and blend for 30sec until light and frothy.
3. Place sugar mixture into big bowl and mix.
4. Fold in carrots and combine until smooth.
5. Pour batter into prepared mini muffin tray. I use two big spoons to do this.
6. Bake for 18-20 min. Half way through the time, you can rotate the muffin trays. Tooth pick test it.
7. Take out of tray to cool completely. I place mine on wire racks.
8. Wait till its cooled completely to put icing. – truthfully, I don’t put any icing because its just sweet enough!