Really awesome cookie! It gives you something to do with the left over Rice Crispy Cereal from rice crispy treats 😉 And it tastes light and a little bit crispy… the chocolate chips totally add to it! What I’m noticing more and more, its the little things on how you prepare the recipe. This one calls you to sift the flour, its a little thing, but truly makes a difference. The cookies comes out so soft and with the baked rice crispy bits, its real tasty.
From book – 500 Cookies biscuits and bakes
1/2 cup of butter (I used margarine)
1 cup of sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
2 cups of rice crispy cereal
1 cup of chocolate chips
– Preheat oven to 350, lightly grease two or more baking sheets
– Large bowl, beat butter, sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
– Sift flour, baking soda and salt over the mixture and fold in until mixed (I actually used the mixer instead of folding it)
– Add the cereal and chocolate chips and stir thoroughly to mix.
– Drop spoonfuls of the dough (I took two large spoons and placed about a heaping spoonful of the mixture) onto the baking sheets. Spacing them for room to spread. (I put about a few inches in-between)
– Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes (Mine was closer to 12min). Let it cool for a few minutes on the rack and use a spatula to transfer to a wire rack.