I bought these dried blueberry’s from President’s Choice and I never knew how to use them… until now. They are perfect in this Granola recipe. Super fun to eat and its gets a bit addicting like chips, but its very healthy. When I made this a few months ago, I didn’t add wheat germ, and then it became just honey oatmeal cereal, lol. So, you’ll need everything listed below. Have fun with the dried fruit part – there so many combinations, this one time I cut up dried mango pieces! When you want something sweet and healthy and easy to make, this is a great choice!
2 cups old fashioned oatmeal
1 cup of sliced almonds
1 cup of shredded coconuts (loosely)
1/2 cup wheat germ
2/3 cup of honey
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 1/2 dried fruit – any combination, this one was Cranberry and President’s Choice Dried BlueBerry – YUM!
1. Preheat oven 350F. Prepare a 8×12 or 9×13 with parchment paper and PAM spray
2. Toss Oatmeal, almond, & Coconut on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 min at 350. Stir until lightly brown. Keep an eye on it, you don’t want it to burn.
3. Place in large bowl and mix in Wheat Germ, honey, vanilla & salt. Mix in oatmeal, coconut and almonds with a spatula until everything is lightly coated.
4. Stir in dried fruit.
5. Place mixture in prepared dish. And set it down as much as you can. I used the spatula to press it down, and when it become’s sticky, some water on the spatula clears it up.
6. 20-25 until golden brown.
7. cool for 2/3 min
8. The original recipe had it cut into squares, I like them into little bites. It’s all about the simple and fun for me.
Original recipe from my idol: