This one is always a crowd pleaser! I made them for family when they came over for lunch and they gobbled it up right away. I cut them in mini bites it was perfect. I managed to make them a few times from a few different recipes and finally stumbled on one that I like. It’s so simple that it’s almost embarrasing. 😉 And this is one that you’ll keep making, you’ll have your eye out for Jam sales and stocking up for next time.
Adapted from Farmgirlfare.com
Raspberry Almond Streusel Jam Bars
1 cup Margarine (as you know, I’m lactose intolerant and always use Margarine)
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon pure almond extract
3 cups organic all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 cups toasted sliced almonds
1 1/2 cups organic raspberry (or other fruit) jam
1. Heat the oven to 350°. Spray Pam on a 9″x13″ baking pan.
2. Large bowl put butter and sugars and mix with a hand blender on high until light and fluffy (roughly 2 min). Beat in eggs and almond extract.
3. Smaller bowl combine flour, cinnamon, salt and baking powder.
4. Combine flour mixer in with the butter mixture using a low speed. Stir in almonds.
5. Cut dough-like mixture in half and place half onto the bottom of the pan. Press down with your hands or use a spatula.
6. Place jam in a small bowl and mix with a fork to help loosen it up. Spread the jam evenly over the dough.
7. Sprinkle the dough over the jam all over the pan having a nice layer of goodness 😉
8. Bake for about 35-40 min. Keep a watch on it and the edges should start to turn brown and the top golden.
9. Cool completely in the pan.
10. Cut to whatever you want. For my party I cut in mini bites, but next time I’ll cut in square for easy breakfast portions.
11. Keep for at least 3-4 days at room temperature or you can freeze them. But honestly, why bother since they will be gone, fast!