It’s fun to find a old recipe, almost like finding an old friend. This is my first Gluten Free and Dairy free recipe, so I’m rather excited. It’s a bit labour intensive, but each step is worth it in the end. And its a perfect recipe to use up the blueberry’s 😉
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup margarine
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/3 cups Rice Flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup soy milk
2-3 cups blueberry
1/2 cup Rice Flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup margarine
1. Remove 2 tsp of granulated sugar and set aside
2. Large bowl, beat margarine and sugar. Beat in eggs (add 1 at a time) and then add vanilla
3. Medium bowl, whisk rice flour, baking powder and salt.
4. Add the dry into the butter mixture. Alternate with the milk making 3 additions of the flour and 2 of the milk.
5. Fold in half (1 1/2 cup) of the blueberry
6. Spread batter into 9inch square (pan sprayed) pan
7. Toss remaining blueberry with reserved sugar and spread over batter.
8. Prepare topping: in a bowl beat all ingredients
9. Sprinkle topping over batter
10. bake for 50/60 min. Test in centre of cake. Cool on rack.