Finally, the perfect breakfast muffin!
This is the second time I’m making this and I modified it even more than the first time… it was so worth it:
Banana Oatmeal Muffins
makes 18 muffins
1 1/4 c. rice flour
2 table spoon ground flax seed
1 c. rolled oats
1/2 c. brown sugar
2 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. sea salt
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 c. margarine
1/4 c. soy milk
3 over-ripe bananas, smashed
1. Pre-heat oven to 390 degrees and line muffins with paper.
2. Wisk dry ingredients into a large bowl.
3. In a medium bowl, use a large fork to mix smashed bananas, eggs, milk, margarine and sugar.
4. Add wet mixture to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened (don’t over mix your muffins!); batter will be lumpy.
5. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full… And in an empty muffin spot, place water. It’ll keep the paper from curling.
6. Add a pecan or almond on the top of each muffin.
7. Place in oven for 18-20 till slightly brown.