This is one of my first recipes that I perfected. I don’t remember where I got it, but I do remember it being a hit at a party. Also, I’ve been on this health kick lately and decided to do it with LESS SUGAR… and it worked out! The lemon is a great addition and balances so nicely.
Blueberry Crumb Bars
1/3 cup of white sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cups of flour
1/2 cup cold butter
1/8 tsp salt
zest of a half lemon
2 cups blueberry (1 pint)
1/8 cup of white sugar
lemon juice 2 wedges
2 tsp corn starch
1. Preheat 375 and 8×8 pan grease
2. Med bowl mix all dry ingredients. Use a fork to add butter and egg. Mix until dough is crumbly.
3. Place half in a pan and squish down.
4. In large bowl mix blueberry, sugar, lemon juice and cornstarch.
5. Place blueberry in. Then crumble the dough on top.
Put in for 45 min until slightly brown, let it cool for about 15min. Cut into squares and share the perfect blueberry square!