Remaking recipes is taking my baking to the next level! I wanted to use my carrots and was craving carrot muffins, so I modified an old recipe by doing such things like lowering the sugar and using gluten free flour. Give ’em a try, this healthy version may surprise you.
Pecan Carrot Cupcakes
1 1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup white flour
1/2 cup gluten free flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar packed
1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
1/2 cup of pecans (or walnuts would do)
Pre-heat oven to 350degrees + Line muffin tray
1. Mix dry ingredients in a big bowl with a whisk
2. In a separate bowl with a mixer, combine eggs, sugar and brown sugar. Stream in oil and blend for 30sec until light and frothy.
3. Place dry mixture into big bowl and combine.
4. Fold in carrots and pecans and combine until smooth.
5. Pour batter into prepared muffin tray at the muffins being 2/3 full. In an empty space on your tray, fill it with water, it’ll prevent the cupcake lining to not buckle and stay crisp.
6. Bake for 18-20 min. Half way through the time, you can rotate the muffin trays. Tooth pick test it.
7. Take out of tray to cool completely on a wire rack.