Friend of mine went to Europe and asked what I souvenir I wanted. I asked for baking chocolate chips and got back these awesome mini chocolate chips. I decided to try the recipe on the back of the package and I must say, it worked out perfectly. I had to convert the measurements and switched out the white sugar and replaced with brown sugar. It’s another success and certainly a keeper.
Shortbread Chocolate Chip Cookies
makes about 24 dozen cookies (mini-size cookies)
1/2 cup of earth balance margarine
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1 egg (beaten)
1/4 tsp vanilla
1 2/3 cup of flour
pinch of baking soda (this came straight from the package, works every time)
100 grams or 1/2 cup (a bit more too) of mini chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 350 and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a mixer, blend margarine and sugar till mixed well. Place in vanilla and egg and mix.
3. Add flour and baking soda and mix well. Mix in mini chocolate chips.
4. Form into balls about an inch wide (or little smaller than a Timbit). Place the cookie dough on the pan and about 2 inchs apart. Press down with two fingers.
5. Put in oven for 13-15 min.
6. Take out cookies when they are slightly brown on the bottom. Let it cool for a min or so on the pan. Transfer to wire racks to completely cool.
These cookies are not to sweet, can pass for a shortbread, and the mini chocolate chips add the just right amount of sweetness. I’m totally going to make this again.